3.10.2012

Good Ol' Buddy

My family got a pudgy little lab puppy back when in 2001. He was nicknamed "Horse" at the breeder's because he was so chubby!!! He was a very loveable yet mischievous dog- he was constantly stealing food off the counter but once he gave you a look with his big ol puppy dog eyes, everything was okay! :)

Today, my parents had to take him to the vet to be put down. He was not only really old, but also was sick and had been going down hill for the past year.

I thought I would dedicate a post to my favorite yellow lab who gave us many stories to laugh about. I will miss him!

3 comments:

  1. so sad :( My last visit home to WI, our 13yr old beagle "buddie" died. He made it through all 4 of us kids' graduations and weddings! Glad you have fond memories though....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never easy to loose a pet...let alone a wonderful lab!!! They have a way of working themselves into our hearts. And that is saying something when it's from this auntie that is not a dog lover. But, I ate my words with Buck. Glad you have many special memories of Buddy to help. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both, Rachel and Renee, for the comments! I appreciate it, Buddy was a special dog :) Rachel- sounds like your "Buddie" was special as well! And Renee, I am betting Buddy an Buck are reunited in doggie heaven and I'm sure they are eating chocolate together once again ;) haha jk

    ReplyDelete